Compliance with laws
We comply with the laws of the respective applicable legal system and take action if deficits become known.
Prohibition of corruption and bribery
We do not tolerate any form of corruption or bribery, nor do we engage in any form of corruption or bribery; this applies in particular to unlawful payment offers or similar benefits to officials, customers and business partners in order to influence their decision-making.
Respect for the fundamental rights of workers
- We promote and demand equal opportunities and equal treatment of our employees – regardless of their skin colour, race, nationality, social background, any disability, sexual orientation, political or religious convictions, gender or age.
- We respect the personal dignity, privacy and personal rights of each individual.
- We do not employ anyone against their will or force anyone to work.
- We do not tolerate any unacceptable treatment of employees, such as psychological hardship, sexual and personal harassment or discrimination.
- We do not tolerate any behaviour (including gestures, language and physical contact) that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative.
- We provide for adequate remuneration and guarantee the legally defined minimum wage in our organisation.
- We adhere to the maximum working hours laid down by law.
- We recognise the freedom of association of workers and neither favour nor discriminate against members of workers’ organisations or trade unions.
Prohibition of child labour
- We do not hire employees who do not have a legal minimum age.
Health and safety of all employees
- We take responsibility for the health and safety of our employees in the working environment.
- We take precautionary measures to contain risks and prevent or avoid accidents and occupational diseases.
- We offer training courses and ensure that all employees are trained in occupational safety.
- We observe environmental protection with regard to legal norms and international standards.
- We minimize environmental pollution and continuously improve environmental protection.
- We establish and maintain an appropriate environmental management system.
- We encourage our suppliers to comply with the contents of this Code of Conduct.
- We observe the principles of non-discrimination in the selection of suppliers and in our dealings with our suppliers.
Management of the Carl Bernh. Hoffmann GmbH